How to prevent hormonal acne can start by eliminating bad habits that can be detrimental to the health of both the skin and the body's other parts. Have a clean face, glowing and smooth without any pimples is the desire of every person. Because acne can lower the self-confidence and can make the face look uneven.
Unlike what you may have heard, hormonal acne is not caused by dirty skin. Hormonal acne is caused by overactive sebaceous glands in the skin and by the accumulation of oil, dead skin cells and bacteria, causing inflammation of the pores.
The sebaceous glands are stimulated by hormones become active during puberty, which is why teens are prone to acne. Because the tendency to acne is partly genetic, if other people in your family had (or have) acne, is likely to develop it too.
Acne that appears as a hormone normally has a larger size and inflamed. This acne will appear accompanied by itching, pain, and can cause headaches and require a longer time to cure acne when compared to normal acne.
How to Prevent Hormonal Acne
While there is no sure way how to prevent hormonal acne, these tips can help reduce the number and severity of outbreaks:
- Wash skin is essential (as it helps remove excess oil from the surface and dead skin cells that can block pores), but excessive cleaning can damage and dry the skin or irritating existing acne.
- Remember to wash after exercising to prevent sweat can clog the pores and worsen acne. If you work around greasy food or oil, or if you've been sweating from heat or because you've been working hard, wash your face and other acne-prone as soon as possible areas.
- If you can not do without spray or styling hair gel, be sure to apply as far as possible from the face. Many hair products contain oils that can make acne worse. Try to use water-based products.
- If you have acne on areas such as the chest or back, avoid tight clothing because it may rub the skin and cause irritation.
- Avoid consuming junk food or processed foods can prevent cystic acne. When acne appears not to consume these foods and avoid foods that contain sugar, oil, better to consume fruits and fresh vegetables.
- Often drinking green tea can help improve collagen and prevent inflammation caused by acne and make acne become more balanced.
- Drinking Water can help detoxify the body and remove toxins in the body and helps maintain skin moisture. Drink at least eight glasses of water every day.
- Quality and adequate rest will help the body to have the time to regenerate the skin and restore the energy released by the body to perform various activities. When the body is tired it will trigger acne.
- Probiotics are good bacteria which can help the intestines to absorb nutrients and help maintain the balance of bacteria in the body. Other than that, probiotics can help regulate bacteria and reduces sebum levels to prevent hormonal acne. Probiotics can be obtained from the yogurt.
A nutritious diet can help you stay healthy, and your skin will get benefit from the addition of vitamins and minerals. But most important is that you should not obsess over what you eat or how often you wash your face to control acne. If you do not find an OTC product that works, ask a doctor or a dermatologist for advice on living through the years with acne.
This article answer your question about how to prevent hormonal acne? If you have a question just write on comment section below, and don’t forget to share this article. Thank you!