Home remedies... they always seem to work better than that expensive store bought stuff. But, what can you use from home that can help you have clear skin?
Let's find out...
Getting rid of blackheads is absolutely necessary in order to make your skin look perfect. Not only that but it is also important to keep the blackheads from becoming bigger and more severe, and keeping the infection away. An untreated and infected blackhead often develops into a painful and ugly pimple that soon results in an outbreak of an acne problem.
The million dollar question here is - what are the magic tricks that can work wonders on the skin and help get rid of blackheads? Or are there really any magic tricks? Well, to put it straight there are no magic tricks as such, especially when it is about preventing blackheads. But a regular, healthy, nourishing and effective skin cleansing routine can actually work wonders and not only remove but keep blackheads away. And you don't need to spend a fortune on buying those expensive skin care products or treatment kits that promise the world and deliver... well let's leave it to those who use them. There are some amazing home remedies that, though inexpensive, work very effectively in getting rid of blackheads and with consistent use prevent them too!
Let's have a look at some of the home remedies that have been used and trusted by many for effective cure of this common skin ailment.
Home remedies for blackheads
1) Baking soda is known to be a cleansing agent. Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with warm water to make a somewhat liquid paste. Rub it on to your skin like a scrub using your fingers in circular motion. Leave it on to dry. Rinse off with warm water. Regular use will unclog the pores and help remove blackheads.
2) Make a paste by mixing sugar and fresh lemon juice. Use it like a scrub on the affected area and wash it off with cold water. The rough texture of sugar helps remove the dead skin and lemon juice works like a cleansing agent by removing excess oil.
3) Make a paste out of nutmeg powder and buttermilk. Rub it on to the affected area like a scrub. The nutmeg powder will remove the excess oil and work as an exfoliating agent, and the buttermilk will help loosen the dead skin and remove it.
4) Clay mask is the good old way of rejuvenating the skin and it also helps in getting rid of blackheads. Take a facial clay that you like, it doesn't have to be expensive. Mix it with plain water or fruit vinegar and apply on the affected area. Let it dry. Then wet it with a damp sponge or cloth and rinse off with cold water. Regular use will definitely help remove blackheads by checking excess oil and clearing the pores.
5) Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder with some milk. You can also add some chick pea flour or sandalwood powder to this. Make a paste and apply it all over the affected area. Turmeric is a great antiseptic and it also cleanses and improves the skin. Chickpea flower works like an exfoliating agent and milk helps loosen dead skin. Sandalwood powder adds that extra touch and imparts fragrance along with giving a cooling effect.
6) While all these home remedies work great in getting rid of blackheads, it is important to choose one that best suits your skin. After zeroing in upon your favorite one or a combination, use it regularly to cure and prevent blackheads.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8108443